You are here
- Home >
|Date||Session Topic(s)/Moderators/Presenters||Resources and Session Video|
|Oct. 10, 2013||Introduction, Kevin Passino||Recording. Modified Nov. 6, 2013|
|May 30, 2014||Dean's Panel on Scholarship in Engineering Service Learning and Humanitarian Engineering, Dean Amr Elnashai (Penn State Univ), Dean Leah Jamieson (Purdue Univ), Dean Stephen Silliman (Gonzaga Univ)||Recording and supplementary material: Slides|
|Nov. 12, 2014, 3:30pm||Creating a New Hand Pump Solution in Africa, Greg Bixler, Ohio State University EEIC, Design Outreach||Recording and supplementary material: Talk abstract and biography, slides for talk, movie 1, and movie 2|
|May 20, 2015, 12:00pm||Engineering Justice: Transforming Engineering Education and Practice, Jon Leydens and Juan Lucena, Colorado School of Mines||Recording and supplementary material: Slides|
For another seminar series that is posted on-line, click here.
Two types of "sessions":
1. Topic-based session (see "Topics" tab) with moderator:
- The "Presenter" ("topic moderator," chosen by the leadership or suggested by the group) generates an agenda for a particular topic of interest.
- The ‘Presenter’ leads the discussion on each issue, keeping to the time schedule/agenda.
- In some cases, a "panel" of individuals will be asked to respond to questions by the moderator on a topic.
- The session is recorded and posted along with suggested documents and links as shown below.
2. Single-presenter session:
- Similar to a conference, a presenter (chosen by the leadership, or suggested by the group) presents an electonic presentation (e.g., power point) on a topic of broad interest.
- The “Host” moderates (e.g., keeps presenter to time constraints and calls on participants with questions).
- The session is opened up for questions after the talk (host picks who is to allowed to ask a question, tries to keep subsequent discussion from wandering off-track).
- Limit talk to 45min, question/answer to 15 min. This case is much like a standard conference format.
- The session is recorded and posted with suggested documents and links as shown below.